June 3, 2010

4 Weeks

This week, Baby Lauer is the size of a poppy seed.


How Far Along : 4 weeks - 1 month!
( Baby 'bump' at exactly 4 weeks into the pregnancy!
It's so hard for me to believe that there's a little baby in there!!! )
Maternity Clothes? : Hopefully, we're still a long way from this!

Stretch Marks? : Again, let's hope this comes a long while from now :)

Best Moment this Week : Finding out that Steve & I are expecting a baby!!!!!!! Dreaming, planning, thinking, hoping, and praying about the tiny little child in our future :) (who just happens to be making a home for his- or herself in my tummy right now!)

Symptoms : Morning and night sickness - thankfully, it seems to take a break during noon! I never thought I would be thanking God while hanging over the toilet. I've been having a ton of air bubbles in my tummy, daily migraines, I'm exhausted, and smells are really getting to me. I pee at least every 30 minutes and usually it's about every 10-15 minutes. My bladder must be the size of the baby right now! (Also, my hormones are kickin' it into high gear - poor Steve!)

Movement : None, other than the air bubbles moving around like crazy in there!

Food Cravings : I've been kind of shying away from food lately because of the morning/night sickness, so the only thing I'm craving is to eat a meal without it making me sick.

Aversions : Rich foods, especially ice cream - which is a total bummer! I thought pregnant women craved ice cream! I'm staying away from anything spicy or really heavy. (Btw, I will never fit into the stereotype of craving pickles - can you say d.i.s.g.u.s.t.i.n.g?!)

Gender : No idea as of yet! Steve and I fantasize about having a boy first, so our next child can have a big brother. But, believe me, we will be ecstatic with a girl too!

Sleep : If you know me, you know that sleep and I are the best of friends. I could be wired and once my head hits the pillow, I'm out. (This fact frustrates Steve because he'll be tired and ask me to come to bed with him and even though I'm wide awake, I do. He'll lay there, no sign of the sandman in sight, exhausted - and I'll be well into my first dream!) But lately, this is not at all the case. I toss and turn, my back aches, I can't get comfortable and when I'm finally sleeping, my bladder wakes me up and I run to the bathroom. So frustrating!

What I miss : Other than good sleep, nothing! This is a blessing and I am thrilled!

What I am looking forward to : So many things!!!! Our first prenatal visit is June 9th, and I'm hoping the baby's heart will be pumping by then so we can see it! I'm looking forward to reaching week 5, I'm so looking forward to week 15 when we find out whether we're having a bouncing baby boy, or a gorgeous baby girl! I'm looking forward to feeling his/her first kick, the first ultrasound, hearing the baby's heartbeat. And I'm SO looking forward to telling Steve's parents!!!! (That's another post!)

Weekly Wisdom : I'm quickly learning that even from one pregnancy to the next, things are drastically different. I'm feeling all new things this time around, new symptoms, new emotions - everything is different! Being positive is the best thing I can be in light of how our last pregnancy ended. I'm worried out of my mind right now, but am trying so hard to remember that every pregnancy is different. (And no ice cream right before bed!)

Milestones : The biggest milestone is the most obvious one of the week - just finding out that Steve and I have been blessed with a little bun in the oven is a huge deal! I cannot wait to see how this pregnancy transpires.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been big on the pickle thing, either! I think I've had them once during my whole pregnancy. And I don't think I could stomach ice cream at first - but now I can :)

    ReplyDelete