June 4, 2010

5 Weeks

This week, Baby Lauer is the size of an apple seed or a sesame seed.

How Far Along? : Yesterday, June 3rd, marked 5 weeks!

(5 week belly bump coming soon!!!)

Baby's Development This Week : This week, Baby Lauer looks like a little tadpole. (S)he's starting to form major organs such as the heart, kidney, liver, and stomach. Also, major systems are starting to form such as the nervous, circulatory, and digestive systems. Because (s)he's growing so fast, the heart will actually start beating and pumping blood later this week! Grow, baby, grow! :)

Maternity Clothes? : None, although with the bloating I'm wearing my sweat pants a lot more often!
Stretch Marks? : Still way too early for this! (I hope!!!)
Best Moment this Week : Telling our parents about the sweet, little Peanut to-be! :)

Symptoms : No huge difference from last week. Mornings and nights are when it hits the most and nonstop migraines. Still running to the bathroom at least every 20 minutes - a lot of cramps have been plaguing me this week. :( The hormones are still raging out of control - I'm looking forward to evening out.

Movement : Again, still too early, but I'm looking forward to the first kick from our baby!

Food Cravings : Last week, I was shying away from spices and this week, I'm craving it! 

Aversions : Still saying no to pickles! I'm a lot hungrier this week, so I'm not staying too far away from any kind of food. :)

Gender : We still have no idea, but are SO looking forward to finding that out in 10 weeks!

Sleep : Still having a hard time sleeping at night - it's so frustrating to wake up feeling exhausted, sore, and cranky! 

What I Miss : Sleep, regular hormones, Excedrin (the only pills that make my migraines go away!). Oh well, it's all worth it :)

What I am Looking Forward To : Still so many things! I'm really excited about the doctor's appointment this upcoming week - I'm praying that the doctor gives both momma and baby a clean bill of health. (Not looking forward to the grueling tests and questions, but it's for a good cause!) Looking forward to the first ultrasound and for both Steve & I to see our beautiful new little miracle :)

Weekly Wisdom : Trying to stay positive is still the best thing I can do for myself and this sweet little guy in my stomach. I'm also trying to control these raging hormones!

Milestones : Well, we made it to week 5 and I'd say that's a pretty great milestone!

1 comment: